Linux and aliasing?

Linus Torvalds torvalds@transmeta.com
Wed Jun 30 15:43:00 GMT 1999

On Fri, 4 Jun 1999 mark@codesourcery.com wrote:

> With respect to your comments about prereleases, they're simply not
> fair.  I see no reason that I, or anyone else, should volunteer our
> time to add features.  Had I introduced a bug, I would feel duty-bound
> to fix it.

Oh, let me apologize for that comment. Consider me properly chastizised: I
obviously use pre-releases all the time myself, and they are the greatest
thing since sliced reak.

> I do listen to feedback, and I've heard your point of view.  I respect
> your opinion.  That doesn't mean I'm going to sit down and to what you
> would like on my own time.

I really don't expect people to code for me. It's damn convenient, though.

I =do= expect people to at least consider the issue seriously, and
seriously dismiss it if they do - and keep it in mind. Instead of
attacking it on some paperwork issue.. Which you do seem to be doing.

		Linus