Basic build questions

Nick Ing-Simmons nik@tiuk.ti.com
Wed Jun 30 15:43:00 GMT 1999

Rod Bates <Rod.Bates@Wichita.BOEING.com> writes:
>So, let me refine my question.  Using the normal native compiler
>build process, (i.e. not the cross compiler process), is it true
>that I must be able to get xgcc to link *.o files which it built with *.o
>and
>*.a file(s) that are provided by the native OS?
>
>I think your answer to this is "yes",

That is more or less a definition of a "native" compiler.

>and that I will have to build
>a cross compiler on another machine,

It can be the same machine, just configured as a cross compiler.
i.e. gcc itself is built with "native" tools, but target code is
uses altenate (gcc/binutils) chain.

--
Nick Ing-Simmons <nik@tiuk.ti.com>
Via, but not speaking for: Texas Instruments Ltd.