>/usr/include/arpa/inet.h:67: conflicting types for `htons' (fwd)

Robert Lipe robertlipe@usa.net
Wed Jun 30 15:43:00 GMT 1999

>   > 	http://egcs.cygnus.com/ml/egcs-patches/1999-06/msg00048.html
>   > I consider this a critical fix for 1.2.   Jeff, could you please turn
>   > the crank on this one?
>   >
> It's in the queue.  I'm quite busy.

That's cool.  I'm not pushing it.  I just wanted to be sure it was
elgible for the "in" list.  Save the rest of this message with that one
and move on for now. :-)

> I'm also very leery of just zapping prototypes.  That's bad.

Ordinarily I'd agree.   Perhaps my rationale wasn't clear.

Byteswapping for networking working code is worth optimizing.  Both
GCC and the native compiler agree on this.  GCC installs its own
<sys/byteorder.h> to do the highly optimized asm() thing.  The native
compiler (and therefore the native system headers) does the same thing.
The underlying problem is a collision between the two.  Since only GCC
will see the fixed headers, I just whacked the conflicting protos for
the native ones.

Thanx,
RJL