New problem (was: Extra-large binaries)

Alexandre Oliva oliva@dcc.unicamp.br
Wed Jun 30 15:43:00 GMT 1999

On Jun 12, 1999, dave terry <dlterry@earthlink.net> wrote:

> I recompiled egcs-1.1.2 with --enable-shared configured, and now the
> files complile nice and small. However, when I try to run them I get
> this:

>>> Hello: error in loading shared libraries
>>> /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.2.9: undefined symbol: __register_frame_info

I guess this is not the libstdc++ that was installed with egcs.  You
may have to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH for the program to find the correct
libstdc++.so at run-time, or LD_RUN_PATH when you link the program.

--
Alexandre Oliva http://www.dcc.unicamp.br/~oliva IC-Unicamp, Bra[sz]il
{oliva,Alexandre.Oliva}@dcc.unicamp.br  aoliva@{acm.org,computer.org}