gdb and g77

Stan Shebs shebs@cygnus.com
Wed Jun 30 15:43:00 GMT 1999

   From: Dave Love <d.love@dl.ac.uk>
   Date: 17 Jun 1999 20:22:52 +0100

    Stan> Argh - gdb-patches would have been a better destination.

   I wasn't sending a patch and I don't know where one would learn about
   that address.  It's not in MAILINGLISTS or the released gdb/README and
   I'm pretty sure I DTRT according to whatever version of gdb I had at
   the time.

I'm not sure what "MAILINGLISTS" is supposed to be, but that's a good
point about gdb-patches not being documented well - it's in the internals
manual and on the sourceware web page, but prior to sourceware it was
only mentioned in the semi-secret ftp location, which most people didn't
know about (it seems ridiculous, now, that anybody could have thought
there was some advantage to keeping snapshots secret...).

   I hope HP stuff isn't going to interfere with potential g77 support.
   HP Fortran conventions also are significantly different from g77's.

Yes, that's why I want to stay on top of all this right now - HP is
preparing to submit Fortran support patches derived from their WDB
release, and it would be bad to have any of that collide with g77
support.

								Stan