gdb and g77

Per Bothner bothner@pacbell.net
Wed Jun 30 15:43:00 GMT 1999

craig@jcb-sc.com writes:

> So, basically, what I'm asking is, what is the C notation that denotes
> the equivalent to Fortran's
>
>   REAL A(5,6)

float A[6][5];

As Joern says:  You can't have array arguments.

And as I said:  The two declarations should generate the *same*
(or at least equivalent) debug info.  If not, I doubt you will
get much help from the Gdb people until that is fixed.

Variable-length arrays (especially variable-length array arguments)
are a differnet complication.  There is no real support for that
in stabs or Gdb, though the Motorola did implement some gross
hacks to handle some of the cases.  To handle variable-length
arrays, my incination would be to give up on stabs, and try to
design a clean solution using dwarf2.
--
	--Per Bothner
bothner@pacbell.net     http://home.pacbell.net/bothner/