No DIE emitted in valarray.cc

Eric Raskin ehr@listworks.com
Tue Jun 15 05:40:00 GMT 1999

Arturo:

  I'm in the process of tracking it down.  I've made some patches so far that fix part of the trouble.  It lies in the output_type section of dwarfout.c.  Specifically, when outputting a class definition, there is no code to output the *types* of the base classes.  Also, when outputting class members, there is no code to output the *types* of the members.  These problems only seem to come into play when the types are template instantiations.  At least, those are the only ones I've seen that failed so far! :-)

  Fixing it is slow going, since I have to do a compiler build after each change.  Then I get to see if it works or not.  So far, I think I've been able to fix the base class problem.  I'm still trying to fix the member types problem.  It also seems that there is trouble with types on member functions, but I haven't seen a failing test case yet. (It's in the same section of code, so it probably has the same problems).

  I'll be posting patches to egcs-patches@egcs.cygnus.com as soon as I have something working.

   Eric Raskin