Do you need the vtable bug fixed?

Martin v. Loewis martin@mira.isdn.cs.tu-berlin.de
Thu Jun 3 15:53:00 GMT 1999

> Hmm, is there C++ binary compatibility between egcs-1.1.2 and
> gcc-2.95 anyway? Eg. I couldn't link gcc-2.95 compiled KDE stuff
> against a egcs-1.1.2 compiled qt-1.44 library on
> powerpc-linux-gnu. If there's no compatibility possible, someone
> should update the versioning stuff, otherwise I'll prepare a bug
> report.

I collected a list one time. It only had two items:
- If you use STL, everything will break.

- If you link with egcs 1.1, and some objects are gcc 2.95-compiled,
  your libgcc will miss some functions.

If you found a problem that is not on this list, I'd like to know.
Officially, there is no claim of any compatibility whatsoever.

Regards,
Martin