GNU Linker ld object alignment

James E Fisher JEF@inel.gov
Sun Jan 31 23:58:00 GMT 1999

Thank you for your response.  I have reviewed the man page, the info, and
the documentation
"LD - The GNU Linker", and have looked at the default linker script.
Unfortunately, I am
not very fluent in LD command language.  I found information regarding
aligning data blocks
on page boundaries - however, I was unable to discover a method for forcing
alignment of
the double-words within my common blocks to 64-bit boundaries.  How can
this be done
easily?  What I really would like is a command line option that can be
passed to ld when it is
called by g77.
Thanks again
Jim Fisher