FORTRAN debugging

Theodore Todorov Theodore.Todorov@cern.ch
Sun Jan 31 23:58:00 GMT 1999

On Wed, 6 Jan 1999 N8TM@aol.com wrote:

> You didn't state your compiler options.  If you wish to see local variables in
> gdb with -O, you must make them SAVE variables or use equivalent compiler
> options.  As you saw, the rest is on the TODO list.

I just used "g77 -g source.f", no optimisation.
I could get to integer local variables with some ddd commands, for
others I had to refer to variable "FOO" as "foo_" (ddd didn't do
it consistently), and REAL variables were interpreted as char[4],
so the only way to see their value was by taking their address and
using memory dump in float format. I did set the language to fortran
in ddd.