Stabilization status

Franz Sirl Franz.Sirl-kernel@lauterbach.com
Sun Jan 31 23:58:00 GMT 1999

Am Fri, 01 Jan 1999 schrieb Jeffrey A Law:
>With the various bugfixes from the last several days things have improved,
>except that I've had zero success with rs6000/powerpc platforms.
>
>On ppc-linux it appears that the stage1 compiler has mis-compiled stage2 cpp
>which causes stage2 cpp to croak.

Hi Jeff,

I further investigated this and it seems to be a binutils problem. Michael
Meissners recent change to put things into .sbss instead of .sdata triggers a
bug in binutils-2.9.1.0.19a (and earlier probably). I built egcs with a current
gas snapshot without problems.

I would appreciate if someone could send the corresponding binutils fix to H.J
Lu, so he can include it in binutils-2.9.1.0.20.

Franz.