Advice needed: using cross-compiler to build native

Chan Shih-Ping Richard cshihpin@dso.org.sg
Sun Jan 24 19:10:00 GMT 1999

Is there a supplement to the cross-gcc FAQ on how to
use a cross compiler to build a native compiler?
E.g. I have successfully built a
cross-gcc host=linux target=sparc compiler.

I suppose this is like a Canadian cross where
host is the same as target

Now I want to use cross-gcc to build a host=sparc target=sparc compiler
But this build will always die at the part when it
uses those ./gen* files like ./gencheck, ./gen-protos.

At this stage can I just copy the whole thing over to a sparc target
and continue with make? Does the build process call  the build
compiler anymore?