Illegal instruction (core dumped) on i586

David O'Brien obrien@NUXI.com
Tue Aug 31 23:20:00 GMT 1999


On Wed, Aug 04, 1999 at 03:20:03PM -0700, Igor Markov wrote:
> > This is the 1999 version "All the world is a VAX running BSD" syndrome....
> 
>    Linux is one of major GNU "customers" and egcs was trusted to become
>    the official version of gcc by GNU. I would expect this assumes some
>    responsibility.

And {Free,Open}BSD are major GNU "customers".  Both of these OS's use GNU
compiler toolchains exclusively.  This includes gcc/g++, libstdc++,
gperf, bison, binutils (as & ld), gdb, gprof, etc..

So I demand you wait in line until the GCC maintainers supply *my* binaries!
I demand that they do it too!

-- David 
P.S. Being serious, GCC-2.95 binary packages should be on
ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/i386/packages-{stable,current}
w/in days.  I commit the changes to the Ports Collection this morning.



More information about the Gcc mailing list