What's egcs' ld's equiv of Solaris' /usr/ccs/bin/ld -M ?

Christian Joensson FOA 72 chj@lin.foa.se
Tue Sep 22 19:31:00 GMT 1998

I'm using egcs to compile matlab mex files. When using the kai compiler, it
all works well when I link using the Solaris ld found in /usr/ccs/bin/ld and
with a map directive as this:

/usr/ccs/bin/ld  -G -M/var/matlab/extern/lib/sol2/export.map etc. etc.

Now, typing /usr/ccs/bin/ld -h tells me this about the -M directive:

        [-M mapfile]    use processing directives contained in `mapfile'

What would the equivalent call syntax using, e.g., egcs' c++ as linker when
GNU linker as part of the binutils package is used by egcs? Perhaps I need to
specify other setup issues also, but please help me on track.

TIA,

/ChJ