cross-compiler build: can't find stdio.h

John Breen jab3@hotmail.com
Tue Sep 22 09:45:00 GMT 1998

I thought I'd seen this asked before, but I searched the FAQ and the
archive titles three months back, and didn't see it.

I'm trying to build egcs-1.1a for m68k-elf (NOTE: since egcs doesn't
currently support m68k-elf, I'm using my own hacked .h files, based on a
patch from gcc-2.7.2.2; but I don't think that's the problem).  I
finally started getting close, but now it's dying while building
libiberty because it can't find stdio.h.

When I built gcc-2.7.2.2 m68k-elf, the "cygnus patch" had something
about removing the need for stdio.h.  Doesn't egcs have something
similar?  I do have the headers from the gcc-2.7.2.2 build (although on
another system); should I copy them over and use --with-headers?  Or did
I possibly do something wrong?

Thanks.
--
John A. Breen