BCT optimization

Jeffrey A Law law@cygnus.com
Sun Sep 20 13:55:00 GMT 1998

  In message < 9809201912.AA39018@marc.watson.ibm.com >you write:
  > 	I am going to convert the BCT optimization to use
  > loop_iterations() when it can.  I also am fixing the formatting in many
  > places which did not follow the GNU coding standards.
Yup.  That's the right fix, and one of the ones I'd done to a local
tree, but never finished.  Similarly with the formatting stuff.  That
work is getting rather old, but might be useful.  If you'd like I can
send it (I didn't even bother to try and compile it at the time).

  > 	If anybody else plans to make changes to the BCT optimization
  > functions in loop.c in the near future, please coordinate that with me so
  > we don't trample each other and make merging mokre difficult than it needs
  > to be.
It is likely that we'll start hacking this code to improve support
for low overhead loops on the c4x ports (good to see you cc'd Michael
Hayes).

jeff