g77 and cpp. Single quote in comment line.

David W. Banks dbanks@cislunar.com
Sat Sep 19 17:40:00 GMT 1998

Kate Hedstrom wrote:

> Meanwhile, "cpp -traditional" should do the job.  This is how cpp gets
> called if you ask g77 to do it for you (g77 foo.F).

Maybe this could be mentioned in the man page for cpp? When cpp failed
that's where I went to look for a solution, Some mention of -traditional
being needed for .F files (or that g77 makes the call on it's own and that
there is no need for an explicit call) would have kept me from loading up
your mail server with this RTFM type of question.

Thanks for all the help,
-Dave