[OFFTOPIC] Info files vs Man pages

Dave Love d.love@dl.ac.uk
Thu Sep 17 09:59:00 GMT 1998

 Joe> Other than the ability to search across multiple nodes, what
 Joe> features are you missing from Lynx when dealing with texi2html
 Joe> output?

Apart from _regexp_ searching within a node, indexing comes to mind.
And a command set for info-like navigation.  Presumably proper
formatting of @multitable, though I'd have tried to make the output as
Lynx-friendly as possible.  Cross-references between Texinfo
documents.

I put some notes about missing features or fixmes in the texi2html
source when I'd had more than enough of Perl but I'm not sure what was
added/changed since.

[Note that rms doesn't want to use texi2html other than as a stopgap.
Apart from anything else, its copyright is unclear.]