Loop unrolling

Gerald Pfeifer pfeifer@dbai.tuwien.ac.at
Wed Sep 16 21:52:00 GMT 1998

On Wed, 16 Sep 1998, Scott A Crosby wrote:
> I hate to bring up a 3 month-old horse, but has anyone added in such
> functionality to remove empty loops, unconditionally? (Or, could a
> complete newbie GCC/EGCS hacker add it in himself and submit a patch?)

The current state of this is that basically the discussion has stopped
without any clear decision for or against removal of empty loops and
that currently the documentation does not (always) match actual behaviour.

The issue is now upon Jeff Law (egcs maintainer) to resolve, who probably
has been to busy to review the entire mail thread lately and is now in
EOQ meetings at Cygnus.

Once a decision has been taken, I'll immediately correct the documentation
to reflect the desired behavior.

Gerald, who actually started this whole discussion, by the way.
--
Gerald Pfeifer (Jerry)      Vienna University of Technology
pfeifer@dbai.tuwien.ac.at   http://www.dbai.tuwien.ac.at/~pfeifer/