libstdc++.so.2.9: cannot open shared object file

Alexandre Oliva oliva@dcc.unicamp.br
Wed Sep 16 21:52:00 GMT 1998

Dave P <nukem_22@yahoo.com> writes:

> /usr/local/src/egcs1.1b/configure --prefix=/usr/local/egcs-1.1b
> --enable-shared

> ./testing: error in loading shared libraries
> libstdc++.so.2.9: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
> directory

> Should I add my /usr/local/egcs-1.1b/lib to the /etc/ld.so.conf

Yep.  Another option is to add `-R/usr/local/egcs-1.1b/lib' to the
link specs, but this will hard-code the pathname of the library into
every program, which you might prefer not to do.  On Linux, ld.so.conf
is the way to go.

--
Alexandre Oliva
mailto:oliva@dcc.unicamp.br mailto:aoliva@acm.org