FAQ type Y2K question

Joe Buck jbuck@synopsys.com
Mon Sep 14 11:02:00 GMT 1998

> I've had inquiry about Y2K compliance from people in our company.  Has
> someone provided some assurance of y2k compliance given compliant OS and
> hardware ?

There's no warranty for GNU software, of course, but there aren't any
known Y2K problems with anything in egcs and I don't believe there are any
problems at all.  It's not hard to be confident about this because almost
nothing in egcs concerns itself with dates.

The only y2k problem for anything the egcs project relies on that is known
is in CVS, and these problems were fixed in version 1.10.  See

http://www.cyclic.com/cvs/info-y2k.html

for a discussion.