IRIX 6 LD64 Crash

Mark Mitchell mark@markmitchell.com
Fri Sep 11 15:08:00 GMT 1998

    Jim> 	  ld64: FATAL 2: Internal: at ../../ld/multigot.c
    Jim> mgot_estimate_gots: gprel sections too large for this group

    Jim> I don't recall seeing this problem before.

    Jim> It probably is a gcc problem, but I suspect it will be hard
    Jim> to fix unless some SGI engineer tells us what is wrong with
    Jim> the gcc output.

I've asked my client to communicate with their SGI support engineer
about this issue, and I'll let you know of any resolution.  By the
way, -multigot and -G 0 do not work-around the problem.

Thanks for your help.

--
Mark Mitchell 			mark@markmitchell.com
Mark Mitchell Consulting	http://www.markmitchell.com