m68k-unknown-elf not supported?

Jeffrey A Law law@cygnus.com
Thu Sep 10 02:52:00 GMT 1998

  In message < 19980909155005.22674.qmail@hotmail.com >you write:
  > >Unfortunately, you can not contribute patches you get from other >folks
  > or cross-gcc since you do not have the legal right assign >copyright
  > ownership for such changes. We need the original authors to >sign
  > copyright disclaimers for any significant changes.
  >
  > Well, shoot.  Looks like I'm SOL.  Even if I update the patches for
  > egcs, they'd still be a derived work.
  >
  > The patches weren't that arcane.  Basically, they were a new
  > config/m68k/elf.h, a new config/m68k-elf.h, and a five new lines to
  > configure.  The new files appear to be mostly copied from existing
  > files.  But I'm not gcc-savvy enough to claim that I could come up with
  > them on my own.  Anyone want to take a stab at it from scratch?
Go ahead and send the diffs.  If they are indeed small, they may be
small enough to incorporate without paperwork.  That's rare, but it
has been known to happen.

It may also be the case that I'll recognize them and know who wrote
them, at which point I can check up on the assignment status for
the author.

jeff