egcs-2.92.02 19980905 (m68k-next-nextstep3): Address of hoisted load clobbered

Mark Mitchell mark@markmitchell.com
Wed Sep 9 20:50:00 GMT 1998

    Richard> On Wed, Sep 09, 1998 at 11:50:01AM -0700, Mark Mitchell
    Richard> wrote:
    >> But, when I reread the code, it didn't look to me like I
    >> "created" the MEM at all!  See insert_loop_mem; it just takes a
    >> the MEM it's been handed, and stuffs it into the loop_mems
    >> array.  Or are you reading my code better than me?  (Which is
    >> entirely possible... :-( )

    Richard> Hum.  I was misreading the code.  However: given that you
    Richard> are taking one of the mems referenced inside the loop,
    Richard> then replacing all of them with a pseudo, then you still
    Richard> have a unique copy for the load.

I thought about that too.  Are you sure that the MEM can't be used
somewhere *outside* the loop?

--
Mark Mitchell 			mark@markmitchell.com
Mark Mitchell Consulting	http://www.markmitchell.com