getopt.h vs java lossage

Jeffrey A Law law@cygnus.com
Wed Sep 9 20:22:00 GMT 1998

Ugh.  I see that GNU getopt.h actually wants to export the no_argument
and other definitions which is a pretty clear name space violation
(unless someone can point to ISO or ANSI specs which allow getopt.h
to provide no_argument, required_argument and optional_argument as
#defines (or via any other mechanism).

In the interest of avoiding such a visible spec change in the egcs
getopt.h, I'll relent and fix java to avoid using those names.

But long term someone needs to fix gnu getopt and all the code
that depends on those bogus #defines.

jeff