_X11TransSocketUNIXConnect Linux kernel bug

Pierre Habraken Pierre.Habraken@ujf-grenoble.fr
Wed Sep 9 05:52:00 GMT 1998

Richard Henderson wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 08, 1998 at 03:22:53PM +0200, Pierre Habraken wrote:
> > It is said in the FAQ that this bug has been fixed in the newer 2.1.x
> > kernels.
>
> The _X11TransSocketUNIXConnect failure is not a bug of any kind.  You
> failed to turn on Unix domain sockets, as controled by CONFIG_UNIX.

???
The FAQ ( http://egcs.cygnus.com/faq.html#linuxkernel ) does say this is a
bug, not me !
The only thing I am certain about is that when the kernel has been
compiled with gcc 2.7.2.3 then XFree works fine, while when the same
kernel has been compiled with egcs 1.1b then launching XFree triggers
this _X11TransSocketUNIXConnect error...

Pierre