Warnings in the C++ Front-End and GCC in General

Joern Rennecke amylaar@cygnus.co.uk
Tue Sep 8 19:58:00 GMT 1998

> First  of all, thank  you very much, Mark! I  really  like the idea of
> turning warnings on and off from inside the source files; and I agree,
> using #pragma is the way to go!

When this principle is applied to system include files, this could well
lead to a fixunclude orgy.  We should keep in mind that there is a point
where it is better to simply supress some warnings in system header files,
rather than trying to add gcc-specific #pragmas to every header file.