egcs and binutils snapshots

Jeffrey A Law law@cygnus.com
Tue Sep 8 02:42:00 GMT 1998

  In message < Pine.LNX.3.96.980907094930.29532G-100000@oar3remote.oarcorp.com >you write:
  > I have a report from an RTEMS user that the top level configure scripts
  > have gotten out of sync between egcs and binutils snapshots.  In
  > particular, he mentioned that:
Yes.  This is not unexpected.

They are totally separate source trees, and we (I) have not been making
an effort to move our configury changes back to other projects.  At
some point it became impractical due to the rapid changes.  Now that
it has settled down somewhat I'd like to submit some of those changes.

  > + egcs does not yet know about libintl (internationalization library)
Yes.  This will be changing after the next merge from gcc2.

jeff