Warnings in the C++ Front-End and GCC in General

Jeffrey A Law law@cygnus.com
Mon Sep 7 14:39:00 GMT 1998

  In message < Pine.GSO.4.03.9809072058000.17830-100000@markab.dbai.tuwien.ac.at >you write:
  > This raised some red warning flag in my head: Wasn't there, just quite
  > recently, the announcement of a member of the GCC group that their current
  > snapshot includes first support for i18n?
We'll be pulling in that code from gcc2 land soon.  I haven't had the
time to do a mergeh from gcc2 due to the egcs-1.1 concerns.

Thanks for bringing this up.  We don't want to install a major change
into this code until after we suck over that work from gcc2.

  > Doesn't this mean that we'll now have two incompatible solutions?
The underlying frameworks should be the same.

jeff