ADA frontend?

Samuel Tardieu sam@ada.eu.org
Sun Sep 6 10:24:00 GMT 1998

>>>>> "Jamie" == Jamie Lokier <egcs@tantalophile.demon.co.uk> writes:

Jamie> No, no, that'd be a major piece of work.  Far more useful would
Jamie> be a C backend for GCC.

I thought about this already in the past, it would be quite easy to do
IMO, but I couldn't find any reason to do this since cross-compiling
with GCC (and GNAT) is really easy and needs to be done only once per
platform.

For example, I have a SparcLinux port of GNAT on my work machine and
it took me less than one day to build it starting from my Linux P133
laptop (including compilation time for the cross compiler, for the
native S/L compiler with the cross compiler and a bootstrap of the native
S/L compiler to check that everything was OK).

  Sam
--
Samuel Tardieu -- sam@ada.eu.org