Voice your opinion! (overload resolution)

Reid M. Pinchback reidmp@mit.edu
Fri Sep 4 05:03:00 GMT 1998

At 01:02 PM 9/3/98 -0700, you wrote:
>It is ill-formed, because template argument deduction fails.

Increasing the verbosity setting would be appreciated.  I kinda figured
that the template argument deduction failed; after all the code
didn't compile.  The purpose of my question was ascertain whether or
not user-defined conversions in template classes are supposed to be
factored into the template argument deduction, since user-defined
conversions in non-template classes or instantiated template classes
are applied.  If I now apply a non-templated user-defined conversion
to your response, I suspect the answer would be 'no'; any attempt
to apply a templated conversion would yield no new information.  ;-)

= Reid M. Pinchback                                =
= I/T Delivery, MIT                                =
= Email:   reidmp@mit.edu                          =