2.1.126 hangs at boot
Jeffrey A Law
law@cygnus.com
Sun Oct 25 09:03:00 GMT 1998
In message < XFMail.981024185640.dbr@oto.dyn.ml.org >you write:
> On 25-Oct-98 Michael Harnois wrote:
> > torvalds@transmeta.com (Linus Torvalds) writes:
> >
> >> Can you tell a bit more about your situation? UP vs SMP, hardware,
> >> configuration etc?
> >
> > i386 UP (Intel Pentium), 56MB RAM, egcs-1.1a, binutils-2.9.1.0.15.
> >
> > Just to make sure I wasn't leading anyone down the wrong path, I went
> > back and built 2.1.125 again. Booted fine. Rebuilt 2.1.126, hangs in
> > the same place.
>
> What optimization level did you compile at? I know that Alex Cox's last ac
> patches revealed a bug in egcs at optimation levels += -O3. (Do the egcs
> guys know about this?)
First we've heard of it as far as I know.
Can someone (Alan Cox perhaps) send a testcase?
jeff
More information about the Gcc
mailing list