egcs-1.1b installed under HP-UX 11.00

Jan Bergman jb@irfu.se
Mon Oct 12 03:06:00 GMT 1998


Dear Sirs,

I have just managed to install egcs-1.1b on a HP 9000/715 running HP-UX
11.00.
The sources were compiled with gcc-2.8.1. GNU make as well as the
programs in
binutils-2.9 were employed during the build. To begin with I had some
diskspace related
problems. It would be convenient if you could indicate how much space is
required during
a build. I tried to use the fastfixincludes method but failed due to an
error on "too many
processes". I guess that you could set some parameter somewhere to
increase the maximum
number of processes, but instead I chose  to use the traditional
fixincludes. So far I havn't
tried out the compiler but will soon do so by trying to build the
teTeX-0.9 distribution
which have so far failed to compile with HP Ansi C.

Best Regards,
Jan Bergman

--
Jan Bergman
  I   e-mail:jb@irfu.se               _ o
 /D\\ WWW: http://sapin.irfu.se/~jb  ,\<.
/_A_\|Phone:303649 Home:5519121    (*)/(*)




More information about the Gcc mailing list