stage1 builds but stage2 fails
Jeffrey A Law
law@cygnus.com
Fri Oct 2 06:37:00 GMT 1998
In message <19980909120745.J702@vaxerdec.dyn.ml.org>you write:
> The following will reproduce an error that I get compiling egcs-1.1b on
> a Linux box with glibc-2.0.6, binutils-2.9.1, and egcs-1.0.3a (on an
> AMD-K6):
>
> cd <toplevel>
> make distclean
> cd gcc
> ./configure --prefix=/usr --enable-threads=posix \
> --enable-checking
> make LANGUAGES=c
> make stage1
> make CC="stage1/xgcc -Bstage1/" CFLAGS="-g -O2"
>
> The error produced is:
>
> stage1/xgcc -Bstage1/ -c -DIN_GCC -g -O2 -DHAVE_CONFIG_H
> -I. -I. -I./config stor-layout.c
> stor-layout.c: In function `layout_decl':
> stor-layout.c:272: expr.c:4981: Expect expression, have
> 'error_mark'
>
> Have I done something wrong? I hear of only success in the mailing
> lists.
--enable-checking has detected an inconsistency. Most folks don't build with
it since most folks don't plan on debugging the compiler :-)
jeff
More information about the Gcc
mailing list