HELP: egcs 1.0.2 and linux kernel

Manfred Hollstein manfred@s-direktnet.de
Thu Mar 5 16:38:00 GMT 1998

On Fri, 27 February 1998, 00:18:04, law@cygnus.com wrote:

 >   In message <m0y8Jy9-00058fC@ocean.lucon.org>you write:
 >   > I cannot even get my system up with kernel compiled by myself. The
 >   > kernel ran, but the init procedure didn't finish. Anything can go
 >   > wrong. I want to first eliminate any stupid mistake on my part. If
 >   > kernel compiled by others works on my machine, that means I must
 >   > have done something wrong.
 > OK.  Well, let's hope someone out there has the right version of the
 > linux kernel and can test it for you.
 >
 > You might also contact the linux kernel developers list since it's
 > more likely one of them already have the right kernel handy.

Well, I just re-compiled my 2.1.88 but I'm using a slightly different
configuration - H.J.'s doesn't work for me as I don't have an NCR but
Adaptec SCSI controller:

Feb 27 19:54:10 saturn kernel: Linux version 2.1.88 (manfred@saturn) (gcc version egcs-2.90.24 980208 (egcs-1.0.2 prerelease)) #3 Fri Feb 27 18:50:38 MET 1998

Works perfectly - I'm writing and sending this e-mail on my 2.1.88 kernel!

H.J., are you by chance trying to build/run an SMP kernel on a single chip
machine?

Manfred