Objective-C Protocol patch

Jeffrey A Law law@cygnus.com
Sat Jan 17 22:30:00 GMT 1998


  > I noted that gcc-2.7.2.1 fails to recognize protocol qualifiers
  > in class definitions in its objective-c compiler:
  > 	@interface Foo
  > 	-(oneway void)myMethod; /* oneway not accepted here */
  > 	@end
  > 	@implementation Foo
  > 	-(oneway void) myMethod /* oneway accepted here */
  > 	{
  > 	}
  > 
  > And I traced the problem back to some code in objc-parse.y that 
  > is causing the parser to forget about the oneway (and friends) 
  > keywords, resulting in compiler errors in seemingly legitimate
  > code.  
  > 
  > Anwyays, I not that the egcs-971225 compiler operates identically to gcc
  > on this one, and so I've made a patch for objc-parse.y to fix this
  > problem, so that oneway and friends are accepted in both prototypes
  > and definitions of methods.  The patch is pretty trivial, so I'd
  > presume I don't need to fill out that copyright release form for
  > folks to use it, but let me know if I'm mistaken.  
Thanks.  I've cleaned things up a tiny bit and installed the patch.

jeff



More information about the Gcc mailing list