egcs 971225 bugs against PPC / Linux
Franz Sirl
Franz.Sirl-kernel@lauterbach.com
Wed Jan 7 04:32:00 GMT 1998
At 05:56 07.01.98 , Bryan W. Headley wrote:
>Jeff,
>
>Don't depair; they're in a tarfile so as to be neat & tidy.
>
>But basically, some register spills from compiling latest glibc snapshot.
Please resend your bugs, I can't decode either with Linux/pine/tar nor
Win/Eudora/Winzip. I think it's corrupted.
Have you already tried the egcs-1.0 patches from Geoff
< http://discus.anu.edu.au/~geoffk >? If I compile and check on my glibc-2.1
(2.0.91) system, I get one test/compile regression with the patches, but
less (of the very seldom) segfaults. egcs-1.0.1+patch compiles glibc-2.1
just fine for me, I only had to add the following lines for
linuxthreads/condvar.c to configparms:
CFLAGS-condvar.o += -fno-inline
CFLAGS-condvar.os += -fno-inline
CFLAGS-condvar.op += -fno-inline
Currently I can't bootstrap unpatched 971225 on glibc-2.1 (reported here
earlier).
Bye,
Franz.
More information about the Gcc
mailing list