Direct CVS Access to egcs sources

H.J. Lu hjl@lucon.org
Sun Feb 8 15:20:00 GMT 1998


>   > 
>   > Can we bump the version # if there is any change as well as
>   > the "date" string everyday? It can be done via a nightly cron job.
> That just seems like overkill at this time.  It's not clear that we
> need the version # to change every time.
> 
> And the cost of doing that is noticable -- we would have had over 700

When did egcs start? If one version is generated per day, it
should be less than 700. If there is any change made to egcs/gcc,
egcs-2.x.y 98mmdd is updated to egcs-2.x.y+1 98mmdd.

> versions by now, and each and every one that you built and installed
> would have gone into its own install directory.

That is what I want. I can easily remove those. But I may not
want to override the previous one. It helps track down the new
bug when it appears.



-- 
H.J. Lu (hjl@gnu.org)



More information about the Gcc mailing list