CVS question
Carlo Wood
carlo@runaway.xs4all.nl
Mon Aug 31 22:49:00 GMT 1998
| The huge size of egcs-1.0.3a-1.1.diff gave me the idea to try and use the
| egcs CVS server for getting a patch against the latest snapshot. The cvsweb
| interface apparently only supports generating diffs between two revisions of
| a single file. So I examined the histories for tags to use, and used the
| following command:
|
| cvs rdiff -r egcs_ss_19980824 -r egcs_1_1_prerelease egcs
|
| (after logging in, obviously). Unfortunately, I got the response
|
| cvs [server aborted]: "patch" requires write access to the repository
|
| Can someone enlighten me as to why this needs _write_ access? Am I simply
| doing something stupid, or is the rdiff command not supported?
|
| Bernd
This is a bug in CVS.
I wrote a patch for this, which is included in cvs-1.10.
So the best thing to do is to upgrade cvs (on cygnus) to 1.10.
Anyone at cygnus who can upgrade cvs please?
You can get it from:
http://download.cyclic.com/pub/cvs-1.10/cvs-1.10.tar.gz
--
Carlo Wood <carlo@runaway.xs4all.nl>
More information about the Gcc
mailing list