critical failure building egcs-19980824 snapshot

Jeffrey A Law law@cygnus.com
Fri Aug 28 00:20:00 GMT 1998


  In message < 199808261558.LAA00977@swirl.mae.cornell.edu >you write:
  > 
  > I tried to build the latest snapshot on mips-sgi-irix5.3 and
  > it died immediately.  Here's the commands:
  > 
  > 38 scotch ## mkdir BUILD
  > 39 scotch ## cd BUILD
  > /scratch/BUILD
  > 40 scotch ## ../egcs-19980824/configure --with-gnu-as
  > Configuring for a mips-sgi-irix5.3 host.
  > Created "Makefile" in /scratch/BUILD using "mh-frag"
  > Links are now set up to build a native compiler for mips-sgi-irix5.3
  > 41 scotch ## make bootstrap
  >         if [ x"no" = xyes ] && [ ! -d pic ]; then \
  >           mkdir pic; \
  >         else true; fi
  >         touch stamp-picdir
  > don't know how to make config.in (bu42).
  > *** Error code 1 (bu21)
  > 
  > I've built a snapshot many many times, and I don't think I've
  > done anything differently here.
Any change you might have been using gnu-make before, but are using
the sgi make now?

I bootstrapped irix5.3 last night just fine.

jeff



More information about the Gcc mailing list