How do I pass flags to the testsuites?

Jeffrey A Law law@cygnus.com
Mon Aug 17 23:32:00 GMT 1998


  In message < 199808180043.RAA19666@smtp.earthlink.net >you write:
  > 
  > I configured a tree with:
  > 
  >   env CXXFLAGS="-fnew-abi -fno-honor-std" ../configure
  > 
  > But, I get test failures because those flags are not automatically
  > passed to the tests.
Right.  Nowhere in the configure/build process do we try to propagate
configure flags down to the testsuite.  Consider if we did -- particularly
for things like "-O2" -- all the gcc tests suddenly test with -O2
which is definitely not what we want.


  > pass these flags to the libio/libstdc++/g++ test suites?  Why don't
  > those flags get passed automatically? 
Lots of ways.  You can hack up unix.exp to pass additional arguments
or a local site.exp.  At least I think you can still hack the local
site.exp to arrange for args to be passed to the testsuite.

jeff



More information about the Gcc mailing list