m68k stuff
Jeffrey A Law
law@cygnus.com
Fri Aug 14 16:55:00 GMT 1998
In message < 9808141908.AA07021@moene.indiv.nluug.nl >you write:
> Jeff, Kate,
>
> > Looking over the gcc test results for m68k-sun-sunos4.1,
> > I see one gcc regression. compile/950612-1.c.
>
> > I built a cross compiler for m68k-sun-sunos4.1 and tried
> > the test and it worked fine.
>
> That one doesn't fail over here [m68k-next-nextstep3], and hasn't
> failed for months.
Well, if it's generating:
addl a6@(-160),a6@(-132)
Then there's a bug since no such instruction exists on the 68k family
as far as I know (one the operands needs to be a register).
It may be the case that it's not generating that instruction for you
or that your assembler is incorrectly accepting it.
It is certainly generating that bogus instruction for me (now that
I know what to look for :-)
jeff
More information about the Gcc
mailing list