One question
Noel Yap
nyap@garban.com
Wed Aug 12 05:50:00 GMT 1998
Joe Buck wrote:
>
> > From: "zhumin" <zhumin@public1.ptt.js.cn>
> > Date: Fri, 15 May 1998 14:11:51 +0800
> >
> > Could you help me with this question : how can I access data file
> > with standard workstation 32-bit IEEE binary format using egcs_g77 fortran
> > compiler under linux OS, I know there are some differences between
> > workstation IEEE format data and PC data ? so many thanks ...
> >
> > If you mean the IEEE-695 object file format, it is not a standard
> > workstation 32-bit format.
>
> Are you sure that we aren't just talking about big-endian vs little-endian
> here? There are no other differences I can think of between "workstation
> IEEE format data" and "PC data".
I've had no problem (after accounting for endian-ness) with sending
doubles in binary from RISC-based machines to Intel machines and
vice-versa.
Noel
More information about the Gcc
mailing list