Why link C with crtstuff? [patch]

H.J. Lu hjl@lucon.org
Tue Apr 28 10:47:00 GMT 1998


> 
>    From: hjl@lucon.org (H.J. Lu)
>    Date: Tue, 28 Apr 1998 10:13:19 -0700 (PDT)
> 
>    2. Modify the gnu linker to take
> 
> 	   ld ... --local foo,bar,....
> 
>    which will make foo, bar .. local to libfoo.so. I believe everything
>    is almost in binutils 2.9. We just need to add the --local option to
>    ld.
> 
> I don't know if this is the right approach to take.  I'll just note
> that you can already use a version script to force certain symbols to
> be local to a shared library.
> 

That is why I said thet everything was almost in binutils 2.9. But
I'd like to see that force certain symbols to be local to a shared
library is independent of ELF symbol versioning. We should be able
to use it with and without ELF symbol versioning. 

-- 
H.J. Lu (hjl@gnu.org)



More information about the Gcc mailing list