egcs, does gcc fixincludes etc guarantee a stdlib.h exists?

Philippe De Muyter phdm@macqel.be
Fri Apr 17 02:23:00 GMT 1998

> In any case, it doesn't really matter.  We don't need to define
> __USE_FIXED_PROTOTYPES__.  It is true that some systems will be missing
> a malloc prototype, but we only need a prototype if char * and int are
> different sizes, and we can be sure that all of those systems do have
> a malloc prototype already.

We also need a prototype if the return convention for pointers and ints
are different (e.g. on some m68k systems : d0 for ints a0 for pointers)

Another reason for needing a prototype is when we take the address
of the function.