proposed patch: protos for warning(), error()

Kaveh R. Ghazi ghazi@caip.rutgers.edu
Wed Apr 15 07:39:00 GMT 1998

 > From: Robert Lipe <robertl@dgii.com>
 >
 > > 	I guess we could eliminate the local copy and link gen*.c and
 > > wherever else this comes up against toplev.o.  Does this make sense to
 > > do given the intended purpose of toplev.c?
 >
 > In doing that, we'll end up sucking in a whole bunch of stuff from
 > toplev.c that we don't need.  Being an embedded systems guy, I'm really
 > grouchy about code size.

	Yes it is kinda big.  I looked and toplev.o gets to around
200k-350k depending on your platform.

 > I'd come closer to stomaching a move of fatal() into fatal.c.  Of
 > course, when we do that, having the proto in toplev.h doesn't make
 > sense.
 > RJL

	No I don't think we need a fatal.c.

		--Kaveh
--
Kaveh R. Ghazi			Project Manager / Custom Development
ghazi@caip.rutgers.edu		Icon CMT Corp.