int compiler error bootstrapping on openserver
Robert Lipe
robertl@dgii.com
Fri Apr 10 20:10:00 GMT 1998
OpenServer worked pretty well oh, about three days ago. I just did
an update (and did another since seeing this just in case things were
wierded out temporarily) and a make. I did another make just to be sure
this wasn't a fleeting (RAM error) problem. It seems repeatable.
host==target==i486-pc-sco3.2v5.0.4
The make proceeds OK until we get to:
/home/play/negcs/gcc/xgcc -B/home/play/negcs/gcc/ -O2 -DIN_GCC -g -O2 -Wall -I./include -g1 -DIN_LIBGCC2 -D__GCC_FLOAT_NOT_NEEDED -fexceptions -I. -I../../egcs/gcc -I../../egcs/gcc/config \
-c ../../egcs/gcc/cp/tinfo.cc
../../egcs/gcc/cp/tinfo.cc: In method `void * __class_type_info::dcast(const class type_info &, int, void *, const class type_info * = 0, void * = 0) const':
../../egcs/gcc/cp/tinfo.cc:80: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned
include/typeinfo: At top level:
include/typeinfo:64: Internal compiler error.
include/typeinfo:64: Please submit a full bug report to `egcs-bugs@cygnus.com'.
make[4]: *** [tinfo.o] Error 1
make[3]: *** [libgcc2.a] Error 1
make[2]: *** [stmp-multilib-sub] Error 2
make[1]: *** [stmp-multilib] Error 1
make: *** [all-gcc] Error 2
I just did a 'cvs update' and resovled even the generated files
(configure, parse,etc.) against those in the tree and still get the
same.
I know we've seen some ICE's while building tinfo.cc before in quarters
past, but I really can't recall the details.
This isn't during the coff build, so it should be pretty close to the same
thing the linux crowd would be doing. Are you guys seeing that fail?
RJL
More information about the Gcc
mailing list