problems building on Solaris

Kriang Lerdsuwanakij lerdsuwa@scf-fs.usc.edu
Thu Apr 9 03:09:00 GMT 1998


Try adding --disable-nls to the configure command.  It works for me.

--Kriang

Richard Gorton wrote:
> 
> >See < http://egcs.cygnus.com/faq.html#autoconf/bison++ >.
> 
> This is _not_ a solution.  It does _not_ work.
> It is a problem even when building the complete egcs-980328.tar.gz
> snapshot.  I see a similar problem (yes, I'm using gnumake)
> when building for host==target==alphaev56-dec-osf4.0b
> 
> I get
> 
> ...
> 
> gnumake[3]: Leaving directory `/proj/gorton/egcs-980328/texinfo/makeinfo'
> Making all in po
> gnumake[3]: Entering directory `/proj/gorton/egcs-980328/texinfo/po'
> PATH=../src:$PATH : --default-domain=texinfo --directory=.. \
>   --add-comments --keyword=_ --keyword=N_ \
>   --files-from=./POTFILES.in
> rm -f ./texinfo.pot
> mv texinfo.po ./texinfo.pot
> mv: rename texinfo.po to ./texinfo.pot: No such file or directory
> gnumake[3]: *** [texinfo.pot] Error 1
> gnumake[3]: Leaving directory `/proj/gorton/egcs-980328/texinfo/po'
> gnumake[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> gnumake[2]: Leaving directory `/proj/gorton/egcs-980328/texinfo'
> gnumake[1]: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2
> gnumake[1]: Leaving directory `/proj/gorton/egcs-980328/texinfo'
> gnumake: *** [all-texinfo] Error 2
> 
> Then, when I apply the bison++ "fix", I get:
> 
> touch `find texinfo -name \*.pot -print`
> 
> It fails, because there are no .pot files
> 
> After re-invoking gnumake:
> 
> I get the exact same error as listed above.
> 
>         Rick
> 
> Richard Gorton                  http://www.digital.com/info/semiconductor/amt
> Digital Equipment Corporation   All standard disclaimers apply.
> Reply-to: gorton@tallis.enet.dec.com
> "A committee is a cul-de-sac down which ideas are lured and then quietly
> strangled."
>      --Sir Barnett Cocks



More information about the Gcc mailing list