MIPS 4300 problems.

PÃ¥l-Kristian Engstad engstad@mail.hunt.inmet.com
Wed Apr 8 17:25:00 GMT 1998

Hi!

I tried to compile a cross linux- MIPS 4300 compiler, but it seems like
the assembler has problems parsing the cvt.d.w and cvt.w.d assembly
floating point mnemonics. Looking through the assembler with 'strings',
I noticed that these instructions simply are not there.

Is this a fault of the assembler or the compiler? I know that these
instructions are applicable on my target platform, but scanning the
binutils package, I couldn't find any references to these instructions.

I do believe I am using a new version of binutils. Where can I find the
latest snapshot of binutils?

PKE.