egcs-problem 1.0.2
H.J. Lu
hjl@lucon.org
Sun Apr 5 17:27:00 GMT 1998
>
>
> In message < m0yLuSz-00058iC@ocean.lucon.org >you write:
> > > This is the "linux asm" problem that I haven't been able to look at
> > > for the last month or so due to personal and company commitments.
> > >
> > > Basically there's a couple problems:
> > >
> > > * The linux x86 asm for strstr is totally bogus.
> >
> > Does the code below make sense?
> Not sure what you're asking. If you want I can resend the analysis.
> Basically the clobbers are bogus and the asm itself uses too many
> registers to be safely compiled.
>
Why the clobbers are bogus? I changed one constraint from "g" to "m".
It seems to work fine for me. As long as the asm statement specifies
them as the clobbers and egcs doesn't use them inside the asm statement,
how can number of registers used in the asm statement be a problem with
egcs?
--
H.J. Lu (hjl@gnu.org)
More information about the Gcc
mailing list